Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Well, if I'm going to start blogging about CV, now's the time to do it! It's now 10:00pm est, and I'm finally settled into my hotel room. I'm at the Extended Stay hotel right next to the convention center. Has a queen bed, a rollaway bed for Azman, a fluffy chair and ottoman, a couple desks, a nice big bathroom, and a kitchenette. Not bad for $60 a night.

I spent all day in airports and airplanes. 3 hours in Milwaukee was pretty boring, even the scenery was under heavy fog, so no point in getting out and exploring. Both flights (Denver to Milwaukee, and Mil to Orlando) were extremely full. They checked in my carry-on bag since there was no room in the overhead (didn't charge me, though). Took Mears Shuttle Service from the airport to the hotel. Highly recommend, had a coupon for CV attendees ($25 roundtrip), and saved me two hours on the local bus.

Took a short walk and found the gas station/sundries store, Subway, sports bar, an italian restaurant, nail salon, and dry cleaners all in the same parking lot. So, bought some milk, cereal, a six-pack of diet coke, and of course, a Subway footlong to last me a couple days. Stomach is now full and I'm getting really sleepy. Going to bed really soon...
Until next time,
Jawa Jaka
(getting up early in the morning to help set up the droid room)

No comments: