Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chapter 3 part 10

Jaka was sure Manny would follow, so he put his plan to work. He instructed the hired prostitute (he and Jellica were friends by now) to pay a visit at a certain time to Manny's opulent apartment with the message that she saw something wierd in the shop's alley. She couldn't tell Manny exactly what it was she saw, but it was wierd. Manny's suspicions came forward, and he grabbed Jellica's arm as he ran out the door.

Show me where you saw it. Try to remember what you saw. Was it the jawa?
Let go of me, or I won't tell you anything, you beast. (as she struggled)
You're going to tell me if I have to beat out of you! Was it the jawa?!
Oh, baby, please. I'll take you to where I saw it. Then we can be good again. OK?

He let go of her, she held his hand and led him to the end of the shop alley. They stood looking down the dirt street for a minute or two before he started yelling at her again.

Look, I'm trying to remember! Oh, there. That's what I saw! And she pointed towards a funny looking garbage bag full of green foam stuff.
That's it? That's what you saw? Garbage?
Isn't that insulation used by Imperial ships?
Well, I guess we can grab it for Jojo to look at. She'll know.

Several stormtroopers marched down the alley. They were behind Manny, and Jellica had to act fast. Grabbing his hands, Jellica led him down a dark side alley, just far enough to where they were hidden from view, yet she could still see down the shop alley. She kissed him while the troopers made their way through the alley. He never noticed the troopers. It was all part of Jaka's plan. Keep him occupied near the shop while Jaka retreated back into the desert. And Jellica was doing a good job of it.

No comments: