Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'M ON TV!!

This is totally unrelated to AL or SW or anything scifi. It started when JDon (my roomate) came home and said he had something important to tell me, after he changes. So, while waiting for him to change, I dashed downstairs to check the news weather only to see a short story on free burgers and fries at TrailDust restaurant. I ran back upstairs to tell him. He laughed and said that was the important thing he had to tell me!! We both decided to go.

We got there at 10:30am with another friend. The three of us sat around at the beginning of the line with not too many people behind us, maybe 20 all together. At 10:45am the line was at the end of the building. By the time the doors opened at 11:00am the line was all the way around the building! We were lucky to get in as there was a wait for seats at 11:15am. 600 burgers were served within the first half hour.

Greg Nieto of channel 2 news sat beside us interviewing an older gentleman. He and JDon struck up a good conversation after the interview while Greg and his cameraman ate thier burgers. A short time later a very pregnant reporter from channel 9 came up to me, asked my name, and said that in a minute she was going to interview me! Here's a link to the interview...

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=fullpageplayer&maven_referralPlaylistId=dc3d7ce19e95532068a3c43d2f47206ae2407790&maven_referralObject=1064842025



I'm also embedding it on the left hand side. Now you know what I look like, a MESS! No time to make myself beautiful! Gosh my voice is weird, to me anyway....

Until next time,

Jawa Jaka

No comments: