Sunday, July 20, 2008

Osfest Fun!

With lots of droids (and builders) in attendance, I had sooooo much fun at Osfest in Omaha. Kudos to DarthMoose74 (Moose Mendolia, who actually had his droid, Patches, running around and blooping at everyone) for organizing the R2 tables, the panels, and the minis games. He had a lot to do, but kept everything running smooth. Since there was a lot going on I'll just post pics for now. After all, a picture paints a thousand droids - umm words. LOL



Many droids came. AL is in corner with blue ribbon on right leg.




A finished Artoo by Clay. I think someone said it was 9 years old, possibly making it one of the older club-built droids.


One of our tables, with DVD's running on my laptop.


Lots of parts on table, including resin and aluminum.


Both tables loaded to the hilt!



Iron Man, winner of costume contest.


Me and Iron Man. Notice the actual working blue lights.

Denise Crosby doing her best Vanna White with the droids.
And dubbing Artoo as an honarary Jedi Night.

The R2 Central Builders with Denise Crosby.

The R2 Cake, and it was goooood!

I've already paid for next year's Osfest (they had a special discount going on during the con). AL should be rollin' and bleepin' by then. He sure had fun at his first con!
Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

1 comment:

Britfest said...

I just got my OsFest ticket for next year as well! It was great to meet you and AL. I am glad you had a fun time!