Sunday, July 6, 2008

More weekend updates

I won't get as much done on AL as I wanted to this weekend. The 4th of July BBQ Spectacular for my ski club up in Breckenridge was just too darn fun!! I and a couple others smoked ribs, grilled brat dogs, and flamed teriyaki burgers. Forty hungry hikers and bikers in the club (including one who just climbed two forteeners in one day!) ate and drank their way through summer bliss. Even when it began to pour rain. AHHH! The joys of mountain BBQ's in the summer!!

And now, the AL news:

A close up of the paint on the legs.



Doing flag duty. Notice the HP is in. Crooked, but in.


And in case you didn't notice, HE'S STANDING!


Yep, my little buddy stands tall when he holds the flag.


HAPPY BELATED 4TH!

As I said, I won't be able to get some stuff done, like finishing the skins and painting the bronze parts. I had some great difficulty with my new airbrush and wondering if I should just hire someone to paint the parts for me. Also, the dome is just hanging off the edge. I think I'll need help installing the dome rings onto the JAG frame. Can't find six holes on the frame that matches the six holes on the plastic ring! CRAZY! But I'll figure it all out somehow. In the meantime, AL is just about ready to go to Osfest. And, boy oh boy, is he super excited!

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

1 comment:

Britfest said...

AL Stands!

He looks great! A lot of stuff on my droid is just barely on also for OsFest. LOL

Make sure Al has his seat belt on on the ride down!