Thursday, July 8, 2010

Battery Boxes, Finally!

So, here are pics of the battery boxes and hoses as promised a few days ago. I just have to cut out large holes on the inside for the foot motors. I'm going to wait on that because I may buy a different beefier motor (AL's got lots of weight and needs something along the lines of a V-8 engine LOL). The wheels are going back in but he won't be rolling unless I can get some 5" hubs with belt gear made quickly and cheaply by a machinest (got 5" pneumatic tires with no hubs). The wheel situation has been a pain; once I get something that works then I can install the remote, motors, and batteries.
Knurled hose fittings. Beveled end goes in front, square end screws into back inside box.
Showing the outer beveled end with hoses attached. Hoses go through beveled end, front plate, and into foot shell where it is screwed into place from the inside.
Both battery boxes painted with hoses attached same way. Battery harnesses (front details) also painted same color as boxes. Harnesses are super-glued into place.
Closeup of one box and details
Closeup of harnesses.
Side view showing half moons on foot.
Other side showing paint job. Same bronze color as radar eye (influenced by Jabba's palace doors).
Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

3 comments:

Britfest said...

Looking great! I can not wait to get to that point! :D

Jawa Jaka said...

LOL I can't wait to get him moving and bleeping!

Seffliva said...

Nice idea! I'd never try to make something like that before, seems interesting. Anyway, thanks for sharing.


pressure washer hose


-seff-