Monday, July 5, 2010

Battery boxes and hoses

Now that summer is here I really haven't had time to work on AL. However, I did get the battery boxes painted and installed, the knurled hose fittings on, and the braided hoses cut and inserted in the fittings. Azman helped me with that one, those hoses are a really tight fit into the fittings, took us all day to do just one foot! Then it took me a couple more mornings to finish the other. I also got the radar eye a little straighter, been working on straightening the dome ring (bottom ring) since my crazy ex-roomie sat on it, and trying to figure out how to make the center front vent panel since I lost mine. Found the rest of the panels except a very small front one, will be working on my back skins this weekend.

Azman has been very patient with me in teaching soldering techniques. I'm doing pretty good, but now the solder keeps forming little silver balls and not sticking to the board. It's pretty frustrating, but I'll keep plugging away. I've got two more items to solder into my practice kit, a controlled-volume speaker with blinking lights and siren sounds. If all goes well, I'm going to try and figure out how to use the speaker in my droid using the flash player.

It was decided amongst us locals for me to give up on the Degobah box. No one has touched base with me on the Degobah set. I might make a much smaller box just for me, though, maybe use my dad's ol' navy trunk, paint it up or something. Now I get creative! Just 4 more weeks before we leave for CV!

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

No comments: