Thursday, February 5, 2009

Well, once again not much done on AL. I did, however, end up at Home Depot for some carriage bolts for the dome bumps. I've got a lot of sanding to do on the top of them since there are three letters stamped on the top. It doesn't look like these bolts are rounded enough on the top but I'm determined to make it work somehow.

The booster covers and pocket vents came in this week. I also paid Wayne for the side vents. Sometime this month (we hope) JAG (I think) will be offering the aluminum horseshoes. I've got to save money for that. At this point I'm spending only on parts I need, not want (like the COM-8 frame, a truly magnificent anodized beauty!). I might splurge later for the rear door, but I'm going to try to figure out how to make one myself. Seems simple, a couple curved runners, some thin pipe, and a couple hinges. Of course, being a jawa, I always turn simple into a major undertaking!! LOL We'll see....
Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

No comments: