Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mile Hi Con 2008

I was invited to the Mile Hi Con in Denver to speak about AL. I did a powerpoint presentation on the "Five Elements of Droid Building", something I've been working on for about a year. The organizers gave AL his own table which was a BIG hit with the kids. The attendance at the con was very, very low, and if it wasn't for AL people wouldn't have showed up late afternoon. I heard from several attendees that AL was the reason for coming. Unfortunately, I was there on Saturday only, taking AL down at 6:00pm. I felt that the whole convention was a bit unorganized, the fan table lady was totally unaware of AL (even after corresponding with email several times), and I even got chewed out for bringing him by some of the organizers. I don't think I'll go back to this one - it's definitely off my list!



AL at his own table.


Shot of AL. Notice skirt is on and head is straight due to the dome ring installed.


AL taking time out to shake hands with friends. (Krys of SG14)


AL's Halloween costume - child wrangler! All the kids wanted pics with AL.


The Gundam came by to say hi.


I think these were two of the authors (or could be just AL fans who got the word he was there).


And of course, gaming well into the night. This was the Podracing game. Interesting but fun!


AL got caught on camera standing on one leg. He must have been pooped after all those photo ops!

AL had fun, but overall I was not that impressed with Mile Hi Con. Next year I'm planning to go to Plano, TX for Star Wars Fan Days instead. I'm sure quite a few R2 builders will be there.
Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

1 comment:

Britfest said...

Looking great Jaka!
Cant wait to see you and AL at Osfest