Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Umbrella Corp at Galaxyfest 2012

So, this past weekend I was at Galaxyfest, a brand new scifi con in Colorado Springs.  It was a blast, and if they do it again next year AL and I will be back for sure!  AL had his own table in the back of the dealers room for security reasons (OK, he shared it with Sauron).  The table next to me was RL/RMFF!  What fun we had, all of us in the back of the bus!  (reference to Riddick)  The 501st was out front with one officer at that table, another officer wandering the halls, and me in my officer in the dealers room.  Yep, we Imperial officers had all bases covered and secured!  LOL 

Another hobby of mine (can anyone have too many hobbies?) is anything Resident Evil.  You must know that I'm not a gamer by any means, but I do love to look at game scenes and the movies are fabulous if you're into bloodie zombies and groups of people running for their lives (which I am into those things).  This past summer I went to the Army surplus store and plopped a couple hundred bucks for everything I need for an Umbrella Corp soldier.  Of course, I spent a couple months researching this uniform and decided to go with the game one, complete with gas mask and all!  At Galaxyfest I decided to wear it Saturday afternoon and ran into a Racoon City "cop".  We both made our way to the FantaScenes photography booth and had this pic done for us.  My friend Don Searle, the photog, even had it "comicized" for us (like my made-up word for the day?). 


I'll post some more pics this weekend.  A few friends already posted pics of AL all over the internet.  I've got some work to do on him before March 18th, his next event at the Rialto Theater in Loveland, CO for the E3 screening.  Then it's Starfest time third weekend of April at the DTC Marriott. I've already joined the local Umbrella Corp group.  Hmmm, need to get AL a gas mask?

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka (avoiding zombies at all cost)

No comments: