Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well, it's time for a building update. I received the skirt from the guys at totallywired just in time for Mile Hi Con. The con was on Saturday, so I spent Friday installing the skirt. I also installed the Rockler bearing and dome base (next blog). Here's how I installed the skirt.

I purchased from Ace (can you guess) four 3" all screws (no heads) and four screw connectors - 1/4" x 20, about an inch long. I suggest getting something a little longer if you can find it.


Screw connectors to one end of all screws.


Screw the other end of the screws where battery box connectors were (you'll have to take off battery box connectors temporarily if using JAG frame) from underneath and secure with nut.


The skirt had four screws welded on. Just line up the skirt screws with the four screws you just installed and screw on the connectors onto the skirt screws, keeping at least half of the connectors onto the frame screws. (hope that makes sense)


Make sure ALTA kitty is happy with the alignment.


Voila! One amazing skirt installed! And it fits!


I'll show the Rockler Bearing install next time. If you have the Darren 300mm dome (or even if you don't), Cole Horton has a 300 dome tutorial that includes how to install the bearing and base. Links to his tutorial and blog are on my left menu.

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

No comments: