Monday, April 21, 2008

Starfest Balcony Contest Winner!

Whew! Starfest is finally over! I was in so many panels and events that I didn't have time to take my usual 500 pictures (just a few of my dome) or see any of the celebrities or main events. I did, however, participate in one of the coolest contests at Starfest - the balcony contest.


As a member of the Order of the Gray, one of Denver's Star Wars fan clubs, I've been helping with the balcony props along with other members since October. It started at CIV in LA when I and a couple friends saw giant foam board starships being used to promote the cardboard Star Wars Battleships minis game. I told my idea to our group leader of making our own giant foamboard ships for the balcony. Half an hour later another member came up with the exact same idea. Thus a balcony was born!

After many months and hours of labor and an electrician in our group, we came up with this:













Yep, that's a blacklight turning the engines of one of the ships blue.













Of course, these are pics before we put up the day-glo string to show the ships firing at each other. I'll try to post a pic of that as soon as I get one.

Until next time,
Jawa Jaka

No comments: