Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chapter 2, part 6

Part 6:
AL still had a hard time walking (he couldn't) so he made up some tunes to play in his head. This was new, he never sang before. It was kinda fun! He still couldn't remember b.c. (before crash), and soon he didn't care anymore. He had a nice shady home full of stuff to play with, an abundant supply of oil to keep him going, his eye could see much more now that Jaka fixed it (somewhat). Yeah, he was a little bored but was able to amuse himself with all the junk Jaka left behind. He found a great port panel that he used to excercise his CPU arm. I can still aim my arm into the port and twist! He found a raider doll that he practised sewing with after finding a needle and some old thread. Hand-eye coordination is still good! He found a piece of an old life form scanner.... Something jogged his memory. He had something similar in his dome, but couldn't make it work. Oh well, time to try out this old whatisit. He had so much fun playing with all the old junk while Jaka was gone, that he decided to make something for his new best friend (Dad?). Let me see, if I take a few of these cables and this port panel, maybe this voice chip (can I make that work again? sure I can!), put it all in this doll with new jawa robes I made for it.... I know, I'll make Dad (why am I calling him Dad?) a talking moving jawa doll. He'll like that, I know he will. Please hurry home, Dad....

It was while making the talking doll that AL noticed a flash of light landing in an area that Jaka had described to him as the valley near where he was found. Dad promised to take me there sometime, can't wait. But what's that in our valley? AL wished he could walk so he could greet the newcomers. He was eager to have visitors. But something deep inside told him to hide. These strangers were not welcome. AL pulled all the tent sides down, pulled himself with a couple long sticks to the junk pile and hid. Two prestine white uniformed men with black blasters came into the tent. In a voice very familiar he heard one of them say "No one here. Wherever he went he took the droid with him." Then the two stormtroopers marched out and disappeared.

AL's mixed feelings were overwhelming. Who were those guys? But I know what they are, I think. They're Imperial something-or-other. I've been around them before.... served them before.... The memories trickled in while the realization that the two armed men were looking for him was even scarier. He didn't want to leave his good life, didn't want his feelings to disappear. OH MY! THAT'S WHY I'M CONFUSED! I HAVE A NEW PERSONALITY CHIP!!! Please hurry, Dad! I'm scared!

No comments: